A few notes from the Website…(subject to changes)
Traditionally, the American flag has been a symbol of patriotism, freedom, and democracy. Your video should answer the question:
“What does the United States flag mean to you as a young American today?”
Videos will be judged on content, original thought, visual imagery, and patriotic expression. You do not need to recapture the history of the United States. Your thoughts must pertain to life in the current day.
The video should run between 1.5 and two minutes in length
- Eligible applicants must be high school seniors continuing their education in a degree program, to help them attain their education goals.
- Scholarships totaling up to $3000 will be awarded annually. This is a one-time award and is not renewable.
- The video entry must be original and have been created solely by the applicant and must not have previously been distributed publicly or won any award.
- The video entry must not contain any material that would violate the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks, or privacy. Use of such materials must be fully detailed in a credit and resource page.
- Traditionally, the American flag has been a symbol of patriotism, freedom, and democracy. Your video should answer the question:
Entries are due by May 30, 2018.
A decision will be made by July 4, 2018, and the winner(s) will initially be notified via email.